School Shoutout 🎉
This school year, Darryll visited National Trail High School, and Danny visited Beavercreek High School. Check out their message to you!
In Your Words
Check out what your friends have to say!
“It showed me how to set boundaries with my partner and how to have a healthy relationship.”
“This program made me see sides of myself that I never thought of.”
“When we talked about signs of toxic relationships and unhealthy things in a relationship, it made me realize how unhealthy some of my past relationships have been.”
“I had a great time with this lesson. I was wanting to talk about this but didn’t want to go to my parents so this helped a lot. The presenter was funny, kind, respectful and I felt comfortable talking with him. I am very thankful for the program.”
“I think it’s good to talk about the dating steps. It’s important to have a healthy relationship.”
“It was a very fun and cool experience. I would really recommend it and I would do it again.”
Conversation Starters 🗣
Social Skills Life Hacks: The key to good conversation is to try to ask open-ended questions. That means questions that usually require more than a “yes” or “no” answer. Here are some prompts to spark conversation!
1. If you could have any pet, what would it be? 🐕🐠🐈
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?🏰
3. What is your favorite place to go on vacation?
4. What sports or hobbies do you enjoy?
5. What’s your favorite food?
6. What are your favorite shows that you would recommend?📽️
7. What movies are you wanting to see?
8. What are you going to do this weekend?🏄
9. What is the silliest fear you have?
10. What song always puts you in a good mood?🎧
Social Skills Pro Tips 💯💯
1. Ask open ended questions; Yes or No questions stop a conversation quickly.
2. Remember the name of the person you’re talking to, and try to use it in conversation so they know you remembered it. This makes them feel important and listened to!
3. Really listen when people talk and ask follow up questions. Encourage others to talk about themselves!
4. What is a question you wish someone would ask you? You could ask another person that same question.
5. Pay attention to your body language! If your arms are crossed or your head is hung, you might be communicating that you don’t want people to talk to you!
Written by: Danny Brooks I recently rewatched one of my favorite movies from my childhood: The animated Hercules from 1997. If you’ve never seen this movie, it’s about a boy (Hercules also called Herc) who doesn’t fit in and is searching for somewhere he...
Written by: Danny Brooks Relationships can cause a lot of stress, especially if you are dealing with toxic ones, groomers/manipulators, or a lot of conflict. Typically, we talk a lot about how to deal with the relationship, but we do touch on some coping skills...
Written by: Morgan Snyder Freedom is not what I thought it was. I recently took a test and found out that I am an Enneagram 7. This might not mean much to you, but it is very telling about how I view the world. In short, I avoid pain and discomfort (physical...